AR – ULTIMATE CLARITY !!!!
A clear non reflective glass (not etched). Also called waterwhite, clear colour …
- Picture Glass (left) versus AR Glass (Right)
- Amazing Clarity
- Low iron content glass gives zero colour shift
- Provides upto 70% UV protection.
- This image has not been altered or enhanced in any way and clearly shows how ARTglass improves the clarity.
- From certain viewing angles the glass in invisible.
Standard regular picture glass (float) is approximately 2mm thick and is reflective. For large artworks, we recommend thicker glass.
Diffused (etched) – Non Reflective
We have found our customers either love it or hate it (due to the slight loss of sharpness).
- We recommend, it works well when placed near to the artwork and will diffuse the light and is NOT suitable for box frames as it looks cloudy when placed at a distance from the image.
Conservation – UV Filter
Conservation Clear Standard glass offers high level of UV protection from exposure to indoor and outdoor light rays. (Museum Glass)
- Conservation glass effectively blocks upto 99% of UV light rays to protect the artwork.
- Available in AR Glass
Acrylic Glazing can vary greatly in quality. For a quality piece of acrylic there are various advantages.
- 30 times more scratch resistant than normal plastic
- Many times the impact resistance of glass with no splinters if broken
- Less than half the weight of glass, great for oversized artworks
- Available with UV Filter or Diffused
- Quality acrylic is not the less expensive option.
Mirror glass comes in various thickness sizes.
- Silvered Mirror Glass
- Bevelled Mirror Glass (4mm)
- Antiqued Silver Mirror Glass
- Safety Backed Mirror
Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
FOR REPLACEMENT GLASS FOR FRAMES and MIRRORS – Please visit the Gallery in Uckfield with the frame