AR – ULTIMATE CLARITY !!!!
A clear non reflective glass (not etched). Also called waterwhite, clear colour …
- Artglass has amazing Clarity, from certain viewing angles the glass is invisible
- Zero colour shift and provides up to 70% UV protection
- Designed to reduce reflection
- This image has not been altered or enhanced in any way and clearly shows how ARTglass improves the clarity
- Standard picture glass (called Float glass) is perfectly acceptable and used by many picture framers. However it does cause reflection and impurities in the glass can cause the framed image to appear duller
Standard regular picture glass (float) is approximately 2mm thick and is reflective. For large artworks, we recommend thicker glass
Diffused (etched) – Non Reflective
We have found our customers either love it or hate it (due to the slight loss of sharpness).
- We recommend, it works well when placed near to the artwork and will diffuse the light and is NOT suitable for box frames as it looks cloudy when placed at a distance from the image.
Conservation – UV Filter
Conservation Clear Standard glass offers high level of UV protection from exposure to indoor and outdoor light rays. (Museum Glass)
- Conservation glass effectively blocks upto 99% of UV light rays to protect the artwork.
- Available in AR Glass
Acrylic Glazing can vary greatly in quality. For a quality piece of acrylic there are various advantages.
- 30 times more scratch resistant than normal plastic
- Many times the impact resistance of glass with no splinters if broken
- Less than half the weight of glass, great for oversized artworks
- Available with UV Filter or Diffused
- Quality acrylic is not the less expensive option.
Mirror glass comes in various thickness sizes.
- Silvered Mirror Glass
- Bevelled Mirror Glass (4mm)
- Antiqued Silver Mirror Glass
- Safety Backed Mirror
Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
FOR REPLACEMENT GLASS FOR FRAMES and MIRRORS – Please visit the Gallery in Uckfield with the frame